Friday, November 2, 2018

Colors of a Stormy Day




The storm blew in with slate skies and warm rain. After breakfast we dashed to the truck for another back-road (goat path? seriously, Jase sees an unpaved, two-tracked trail and that's where he wants to go, lol) tour of the island. Despite the weather, we still chased each other around the beach and I found a whole new collection of shells. My hair smells of salt and wind and I think I left an inch of sand in the truck. As we drove about, I kept asking Jason to stop so I could take pictures.The ocean is amazing, hands down, but the natural colors of this place are truly stunning.

Tonight we're grilling lamb and watching movies as the wind howls about the eves. Tomorrow there is an annual yard sale at the Saltmarsh we're planning on checking out - I am flying home but Jase will eventually be driving a TRUCK back to Pittsburgh...how much do you think I can fit in a truck??



No comments:

Post a Comment