Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Sweaters




The air is thick with fog today and smells of the sea. Somehow it matches the melancholy settling in my chest. I'm packing and tomorrow will fly home - I've missed the boys and my zoo, but I fear I will miss this place more.


Jason and I are huge music people and stream Amazon music, specifically the Bassa Nova channel, often. There is a song in the que that we danced to every time it played the last few weeks - you can listen to it here. I will keep this song in my heart while I soar through the air back to Pittsburgh. Give me a day or two to clear the woebegone from my face. Thanksgiving is right around the corner; Jase will fly home and I've a turkey to brine and family coming in. Life has a way of nudging you along, no matter your gloomy feet.

Turn up the song, close your eyes, and think about nice sweaters.


No comments:

Post a Comment