Saturday, November 3, 2018

Storms



It was a morning dark enough that I slept till eight despite the skylight to heaven. Sheets of rain slid off the windows as Jason grilled Portuguese muffins (a new love) and eggs and I downed two cups of coffee buried beneath my favorite blanket on the couch listening to the Black Keys and Lana Del Ray. We'd just about given up hope when there was a break in the storm and we dashed for our shoes (and pants, I reminded my husband - he as a thing about saying, "I'm all ready to go...except pants." Whaaat?). We ran for the truck and made two loops to find parking and I must say, I do SO love some good thrift shopping! A stunning embroidered tablecloth long enough for our table back home, a lamp for the entryway, a butter dish, tiny frames for future paintings, a lantern for the Christmas tree, odds and bits and a lovely pearl-handled spoon for my sister. (it's tiny, but Jase picked it out just for you) By the third stop our shoes were soaked and we laughed like idiots and grabbed a bottle of wine for dinner and bundled it all inside.




Tonight we made Paella and toasted storms - those in life as well as within the skies. They can seem like the end of everything...but we weather, don't we? We plant our feet; we find our roots and stand our ground and push forward. Seasons come and will inevitably pass, experience tells us this.

Here is to the one before us now...




No comments:

Post a Comment