Monday, October 29, 2018

New


I suppose it's normal, in the course of life, to find oneself surrounded by generally known things. I shop at the market I like, send mail from the same post office, buy chops at the same deli every week. I say hello to friends and smile at friendly strangers whose faces I've seen before though we've never spoke. Really, much of my life takes place in a 20 mile radius from our home. While I like a good adventure - I rather take one with a pal that's already been there and knows the area; I'm not fond of losing my way or feeling confused. I'm not sure if this is a vulnerability thing or control freak thing....likely a bit of both.

A few days ago, Jason parked and I looked at the path ahead - in a part of the world I'd never stepped foot on, going someplace I'd never seen. Now I know this isn't India and I'm not about to Eat, Pray, Love my way into some self discovery - but I sat in the truck, considering this.







It wasn't a mountain. It was simply someplace new. New is more stressful for me than known. But I'm learning that new is also where possibility waits, where dreams pull flesh onto their bones, where your plans or expectations reveal unforseen maps that weren't even on the damn blueprints.


My feet sank into the sand and the wind blew my hair into a tornado. I could hear Jase behind me, but the way was narrow and I was eager to reach the top. Sometimes, when your soul is leading, new is exactly what you need.





2 comments:

  1. New...when I was young..I ran after it. As time has passed new is persued with some caution. As the clock of life passed three score and ten new is now perceived through experience...new is good, but we will avoid what has caused pain before. Blessings

    ReplyDelete