Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Hunted By The Moon


The Hunter's Moon is just six days past. The orb of light blazed full and round across the sky turning night to day and forging a second sea from the wind tossed clouds. I find full moons mesmerizing. Even exhausted I'll linger outside while the moon serenades the black-turned-silver heavens, seduced by its enchanting glow.

Three of the bedrooms in this house have skylights. Portals to heaven, I once heard them called - and as the rooms are radiant indeed, perhaps they are. However, last night sometime well before dawn, I awoke pierced by the waning moon framed in perfection above our bed - and thus was the end of sleep for me. Jason left for work and I wandered the house, finally curling up with tea in hand to watch the sun chase the night away. 


My eyes feel the grit of lost sleep beneath their lids and there's a headache hiding somewhere just around the corner. But give me a pane of glass through which to watch the moon like a glimpse into another world and my heart is thrilled...even if a bit tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment